Which one is better .. everyone vote :)

Which is better?

• Total voters

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Which one of these images do you like better?
And why if you care to comment.

Attachments

• crop1.jpg
    crop1.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 2,978
  • crop2.jpg
    crop2.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 2,950
B

biglou

It's a tossup for me. I tend to favor landscape over portrait, generally speaking. I could see this one cropped tight on the bars/helmet/eyes area, also.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
I like the second one better - it gives you a chance to focus more on the rider because there's less background.

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
I like to see more of the track and that dirt looks sweet.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
I voted for number 2. I might have cropped just a tad looser on the sides, but I always like getting in close on the rider and bike. They're both great, but I like seeing the little details you pick up when stuff is cropped a little tighter like the second shot.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
If the first had a little more of the background, I might have chose differently. I just think that the rider took up a little too much of the frame.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I can't pick. I see benefits to both versions.

1 - fits very nicely on the pc screen (like for a screen background), has a nice clean background (doesn't get much cleaner, LOL), this version would be good for more of a track website shot or something for the track.

2 - great rider shot for the rider like to print & frame, see more detail/larger image of rider in the sizes you posted, good for like a mag article featuring the rider, and I tend to crop to the rider similar to this in my own mag/web shots.

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
I like the second one better as it fills up the pic.The first one is good tho as it is in the "one third" of the frame. I would have to say its preference over talent. You are getting really good Okie,you better be careful you might have found another career.

Squid31

Jul 5, 2006
I voted for the first one because I like a bit of space. I also like how the bike/rider is further to the right, leaving space to the left for him to ride into.

As far as other things go, that shot looks exposed perfectly. There is still detail in the black, and the whites are barley blown at all. The only thing to make that shot any better is to add 3000 people behind him cheering him on.

rm_racer

Mar 15, 2005
Nice shot.
I picked the second one for 2 reasons.
1) The tighter crop makes the effect that there is more action in the shot. With the first crop, the action was all to one side and the left side was kind of empty.
2) The second crop has a bit more detail due to the extra size because of the cropping I am guessing.

If he had been a bit further into the corner, taking up more of the picture, I probably would have picked the first one.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
#1 - Just enough background to give a little perspective. After seeing the 1st the 2nd seems like its missing something.

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
I like 'em both. Really, really clean shots, I love pictures like these. No crowding what so ever, and the clarity is AMAZING. I love photography myself, but mostly landspaces, especially rivers and forests, so I chose the first one.

cjfolse

Mar 1, 2004
I like scenery in motocross pictures. Gives more feeling for where the rider is at on the track rather than just in a turn or in the air.

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
I gotta pick the first one.

For an action shot to work, there has to be context. Take out the context and it is just a pretty motorcycle.

Sort of like the TV coverage the they sometimes do of simply following a bike around an MX track. The racing is lost if we can't see the track, and the other competitors.

Hampo

Sep 7, 2006
The 2nd one concentrated more on the bike and the turn. But ive seen that all before what defines a pic for me is the background and scenary. Good pic

crazshane

Oct 22, 2006
I like the first one better. I think that one showed more landscape, which was sweet, and you could see most of the picture in one screen, without having to scroll down.

RAH RAH

Aug 30, 2003
I would like seein the first one so that I can tell more of the teritory, what situation the riders facing = a realistic picture. the second looked to have more intensity on the rider, more of what you can find in the magazine hype. thou I did see a kdx 200 blasting throu th trails on an offcamber single track wheelie appearing to go another 75 feet in a magazine.

jason33

Oct 21, 2006
the second one -its closer more in your face action
we ever going to get some mx,and supercross -(baseball) type cards made up!!!!
kids will love them too :)

Top Bottom