kdxkid02

May 31, 2000
When I am at the one of the local MX tracks I like to mess around on some of the jumps. I was just wondering if the rear end will automaticly straighten out after doing a whip or cross-up? And don't worry despite the name I don't MX a KDX

------------------

Jesse

Aug 29, 1999
Now granted I am no Kevin Windham, but I can throw a decent whip. The whip won't come back automatically, but I think its easier getting the whip to straighten out than it is to throw them (if you even have a clue as to what I'm saying). The main thing to whip is you have to lean way over and push on the bike, and the when I go to land I just go back to my normal body positioning and the bike corrects its self.

roostinbe

Mar 22, 2001
Starting a whip is the ahrdest part. once you get the bike moving sideways, it is a lot easier. depending on how big the jump is, and how wide the landing is... i like to whip it to the left, so i just lean and turn to the right a little, as i take off, then just get to the side of the bike, and push with your legs. a whip takes the use of your whole body. if the jump is big, and you get a lot of hang-time, then you can turn your bars in the air to iniciate the whip. try you whips on a jump with a wide landing, it makes every thing easier.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I wasn't trying to but did a few whips today, it was very windy, does that count?
:rolleyes: Seriously, I have enough trouble keeping the bike straight, I can't wait till I'm good enough to show-boat a little.

------------------
"Nature Boy"

krash133

Feb 2, 2001
Use the throttle to help get the bike back from a whip. If you just crack it open a little, you'll find the bike will come back a little easier.

Top Bottom