White Bros. Four Stroke race results-don't look->

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Ryan Hughes and CR450F made their appearance at the White Bros. race at Glen Helen today. When interviewed before the race, he said "I have great confidence in the bike, but this is my first race on a four stroke and I haven't raced in six months"

He didn't need any excuses though, because he won the first moto by 28 seconds and the second moto by 60 seconds over 37 year old Doug Dubach. It appeared that Hughes holeshot the first moto and Dubach the second (with a short lived lead).

Ryno threw the CRF sideways over jumps like it was a 125.

The new Honda looked the same as it did in previous pics posted on the net, except the silencer looked a bit shorter. It looked like it had two compression release levers, one on each side (maybe I'm missing something here). I took a few pics, but it'll be a few days before I can post them. There's sure to be many good pics posted by others before then.

------------------
Holeshot's Page

Artnshel

Feb 19, 2001
Thanks for the Glen Helen update.
I'm glad I already have my money down and keep hoping the CRF450F is going to be light. I think Honda is supposed to announce the price, spec's and due date on 4/30.

Everyone will know more then.

Art

------------------

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Hey,I should have some pretty good action shots of Hughs and the CR450F to post in a couple days., Did you ride Kalitudes Bike and how'd ya do?

------------------
never ride faster than an angel can fly

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I didn't realize that this thread had been moved to the moto forum. It was more about the new CRF450 than anything else, and the topic was originally discussed a few days ago back in the thumper forum. DOH! If anyone wants the full race results, I don't have them.

Yep, I showed up at 6:30am and filled out the entry for the 150cc vet class, but it was more to make sure that I didn't appear as a flake than anything else. If I were really ready to race, I would have brought my own bike, but I left it at home. I was better off as a spectator, Kali, because I don't think I could have adjusted to the mini-thumper in just a few minutes. It was a pleasure to meet you and Kevin.

I think you'll be pleased to know that I picked up a free Berm Busters calender at sign up. (getting there early has it's advantages) :)

------------------
Holeshot's Page

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Kali:

Hehe, :D not to worry, I just filled out the form and didn't pay the fee (I was waiting for your arrival and approval). I understand the situation and the whole thing just made the day more interesting. As people always tell me when I crash, stall or get run over, "There will be a lot more races". I had more fun watching the Four Stroke races than watching the National - far fewer people and less traffic when leaving.

As far as the 150 vet class goes, it seemed that there were kids running in the same class. :confused: . Maybe the 150 thumper class hasn't evolved yet, so they were making up classes as they went along. The first two or three riders in that class were really fast, and would have smoked me by half a lap or more. They need to create 150 thumper senior spode class, then I might have a chance.

One of the "Slackers" from MxWorld took a pic of the Honda in action, with another Slacker and I, deep in the background. I'll try and post it in the Thumper forum.

Top Bottom