mojonito

Aug 24, 2005
i'm looking for a lifan 150. anyone know of anywhere that has some available that isn't price gouging?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I guess that depends on your idea of price gouging. Supply and demand is another way of looking at it, if they have the supply and demand justifies the price then it's not gouging. :)

Check with Hooper Imports they are pretty good folks. Or you could venture to Evilbay and hope that what you are getting is a real Lifan and not "like" Lifan LOL!

mojonito

Aug 24, 2005
$550 seems pretty good. i have found them listed for $499 with extras (oil cooler, carb, etc) with free shipping but not in stock. i found an old pitster pro advertisement for $450 on thumpertalk. i found one for $580 with no extras which i thought was a little expensive in comparison. that's what i'm basing my "price gouging" comment on.

thanks for the heads up patman.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
You have to be kidding Pat? Chinese knock offs of Chinese knock offs? Chinese 2 knocks? Wait a minute, I still need 1 of those also! Thanks Pat! Stupid clutch separated from crank! Its an Orion though, should bolt right up.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
BTW looking for a YX engine might not be a bad option either. Just make sure it was manufactured recently (2009) to avoid possible trans issues.

No matter which if you just gotta' have +150cc expect to drop around $500 for the real deal. IMHO a good 125cc engine is PLENTY of power for a little bike like that.

mojonito

Aug 24, 2005
what about "grin factor"? from what i understand, for every 10cc's increase in size from a 110 there is an exponential increase in grin size as measured by visible teeth.

for example, as heard from a local track, "that guy has a 150 lifan. he sure does have a lot of teeth." :)

i may resort to a gpx/yx because i can't really find any lifan's right now. just in case i do purchase a gpx/yx where is the year stamped on the cases so i can check?

Top Bottom