ob1quixote

Jul 23, 2003
Gonna sleep in my van {down by the river} Gonna watch my 4in B/W tv while sitting in front of my fan! I will be in a black and silver high-top Dodge, '98 XR400, '67 Benelli Dynamo pitbike.

Looks like I may get there first, good, plenty of time to set up the water-balloon catapult to greet the late arrivals! Remember to roll your windows up! Punctuality has its rewards! LOL

Looking forward to a great weekend, and HLG hypnotized, doing the "Disco Duck" while in an imaginary vat of Quaker Instant Grits!
LOL

Robert

Lemming

Looking for single women!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
I'll be camping in either the bike trailer or the back of my Exploder.

Thanks Gomme, it's the intake that needs work.

I can't wait for this weekend, I have'nt been on the bike in over a month :(

DRZ_Dad

Apr 21, 2004
I still may fire up the RV, not sure yet, The wife does not want to spend the extra dead prez's , but It looks like its gonna be pretty warm Saturday! big E no sleep to good in the heat!!!!!!!!! I may have to pull rank and leave the tent at home, plus I have never been to Aonia, So I do not know the place at all, shade etc. Do they have pwer hook ups available? no biggy just curious

ob1quixote

Jul 23, 2003
At the charity ride, my daughter and I camped in the van. It has three screened windows, all were open, and we slept comfortably until about 5am, when the sheets had to be pulled up a bit! When evening fell it cooled off quite nicely. I dont think this weekend will be much different.

They have 30 amp camper plugs and some standard 110 outlets. I survived the day with a 10X10 ez-up and a box fan.

Robert

DRZ_Dad

Apr 21, 2004
i think you are right!!!!! and if i bring the rv I'll have an extra bunk should someone need a place to crash....................

DRZ_Dad

Apr 21, 2004
ob1quixote said:
At the charity ride, my daughter and I camped in the van. It has three screened windows, all were open, and we slept comfortably until about 5am, when the sheets had to be pulled up a bit! When evening fell it cooled off quite nicely. I dont think this weekend will be much different.

They have 30 amp camper plugs and some standard 110 outlets. I survived the day with a 10X10 ez-up and a box fan.

Robert

Yeah, But I could sweat while ice fishing! LMAO

Either way We will be there! either in a white ford p/u or a 32' tan RV, with a DRZ400 and CR80 expert in tow..........

ob1quixote

Jul 23, 2003
My house is set at 72 deg summer, 68 winter, so I think I like it cool too. Really, after a post sunset shower and kickin' back for the evening, it wasnt bad. Now, in a month, it would probably be a different story!!

Robert

ob1quixote

Jul 23, 2003
Weather forecast for the Suthun Spodefest; high temps upper 80s to lower 90s, low temps lower 60s, sunny Friday and Saturday, sun and clouds Sunday.

Chance of rain.............ZERO!
Chance of fun..............100%
Chance of me being hypnotized and acting like Foghorn Leghorn at Studio 54, ZERO!

You late arrivals will be pleased to know that the surgical tubing for my water balloon catapult has failed from age, and I wont have time to replace it. Dang, I was looking forward to some preliminary range finding shots at the PeeWee track.....{Daddy, that bad man over there was bombing us with water balloons!} Just Kidding!

Robert

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
Just spoke to Perry, the track owner. He will leave the gate open 24/7 starting Friday so folks can come and go as needed. We should arrive around 6pm or so Friday. You can start riding as early as 8 a.m. Saturday.

We will be tent camping both nights unless Matthew's allergies act up, in which case we may be forced to go a mile down the road to where our guest hypnotist will be staying with his better half in a B and B Saturday night.

We will be in an old Jeep Cherokee, dark blue, pulling a rail trailer with 03 kx250, no #'s, and a silver and black KTM65, no #'s, may have the pw80 pit bike too, for the wheelie contest. Foot dragging is allowed, right? :D

My sugggestion on the camping is to be close to the trees for more shade, maybe we can set up the campfire in the middle of the clearing.

We are looking forward to a great weekend, and meeting a lot of new folks! :) Should be a pretty good GOR turnout too. Robert, any interest from the 2 forums you posted to?

ob1quixote

Jul 23, 2003
I havent seen any interest at TT, but then its been offline since last Friday. ORR only has about 35 members {new site} so I dont expect too much from there.

I second the question on Friday riding. If the track wont be open on Friday, I'm not gonna be in a great rush to get there!

Robert

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
They allow riding every day except those leading up to a race while they are working the track. Just go down to the 2 story signup area at the edge of the main track, fill out the paperwork, and leave your money in the box.

No fair getting practice in and then spanking us old farts who show up late Friday night!

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
JuliusPleaser said:
Who's bringing the hookers?
Lemming said he's bring one with the initials JP...what a coincidence, huh? Said she's tall, smells kinda funny, and needs to shave...but she's got a great personality!

ob1quixote

Jul 23, 2003
I have to get the practice in, so I dont get beaten by the kid with the Pep Boys dirtbike, who's dad cut holes in a 5 gallon bucket so he'd have a chest protector.

Robert

Lemming

Looking for single women!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Not sure yet when I can get away from work tomorrow. My best guess is that I'll be arriving around 8pm. I'll be in a black Ford Exploder pulling a white v-nose trailer. You'll know us as we pull in since JP will likely be standing on top of the trailer doing his stripper routine :laugh:

Knobby Head

May 6, 2004
Hey all!,,,, did anyone happen to find out if there was any power at the remote camping area?

Hope GOR comes back up soon im having withdrawls and left to actually work! LOL :clue:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
That reminds me. . .I need your black lace outfit if you're finished with it.

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
There are a couple outlets at the remote area by the showers for minor plug ins like hair dryer, fan, TV/vcr. But they are not dedicated hookups like at the main area. In other words, don't expect to hook your RV into power at the remote area. :)

Y'all, sorry about the Friday confusion. Yes, they are open Friday for riding. The Sat 8am comment was responsive to a specific question per a phone call from a buddy about how early folks could start that particular day...

Let me make a group suggestion. Let Julius and Lemming have the remote campground all to themselves. :)

DRZ_Dad

Apr 21, 2004
Well the RV it is, gonna go gas her up this afternoon so if any of ya'll own stock in Exxon you should be smiling............LOL

Top Bottom