who raced the Doughty Vintage Iron World Chapionships?

duke

Oct 9, 1999
Who out there competed or attended the Vintage Iron World championships?  I heard the turn out was quite strong, and  the turn out of evloution bikes was quite impressive.  How was the track etc?

motogeeze

Aug 11, 1999
My buddy from Fla. went out, said it was great. They rode the big track (national) this year. I went last year but couldn't make it this time. Peter rode Ricks event then went to Tulare for the AHRMA race, according to him the VI event was about a thousand times better. Wish I coulda made it, that big track is one of the best I've ever ridden.

------------------
motogeeze "go big or go home!"

duke

Oct 9, 1999
I think Doughty is going to really improve and expand the sport, despite the best efforts of the contrary from AHRMA. In all fairness to Jeff Smith, he has accomplished alot, but the times are changin.  Thereare lots of splinter groups that are forming that seem to bec atering more to what the riders are wanting.

Bill

motogeeze

Aug 11, 1999
Hi Duke, yes no doubt Rick has done a lot for the growth of vintage racing. The popularity of the World championship race goes to show there is a demand for the format he has concieved.If you remember, AHRMA was formed from a joining of "splinter" groups.  Lets hope that the sport can benefit and grow from his efforts and those of others who truly enjoy these machines and competing on them.

------------------
motogeeze "go big or go home!"

duke

Oct 9, 1999
wasn't AHRMA formed from the emergence of other bikes attending the early CZ national race?

Bill Duke

Top Bottom