Who wants a free Fox t-shirt or hat? I need help

DC10

May 25, 2005
Have you done the basic mods that we all discussed at the beginning of this thread? Just curious to know how things are progressing (pipe, etc.).

Jun 12, 2005
No i havent made any progress yet ive only ordered the pipe so it will be in in a couple days. Then ill bolt it on then after much studying off the content gaving to me in this thread attempt to jet my bike. It doesnt seem that hard. Ive been studying Eric Gorrs carb tuning guide and spankys jetting guide. Anything else i would need to no?

Jun 12, 2005
Ok ive been looking at my carb and found my idle adjustment what i think is the airscrew and a brass colored pin thing that sticks out on the side of the carb? Where is the needle and how do i adjust it? Is it adjusted from the top of the carb where that line comes in?

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
you don't jet for rider's ability or trail conditions. You jet for altitude, temp, etc. If you aren't going to run the bike in the powerband much you can probably go one step hotter on the plug (an "8" I believe) but then if you aren't fouling plugs then that isn't needed.

You might like a flywheel weight for the woods/trails. THis won't really affect jetting, but does change the feel of the bike.

Running race gas, or a 50/50 mix is good insurance, particularly when you are going leaner than stock with the jetting.

If your bike isn't doing any abnormal dribbling of fuel out of the carb vent lines, you may want to leave the float level alone for now. No offense, but this is a delicate operation and unless it's way off, you would be better off working with other aspects of the tuning for now. Make sure the vent lines are clear, not plugged with dirt.

Jun 12, 2005
So far on the way is the fatty pipe and i already have the tc2 silencer,JD jetting kit, and i dono what to get for reeds. Any opinions? Oh and what else is there i can do. I dont really need more power i just want my bike to run to the best of its abilty.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
anyone ever get a prize??

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
ellandoh said:
anyone ever get a prize??

oh yeah...good question. ;)
Crazy