va_yzrider

Apr 28, 2003
:ride:

Anybody else read this book? I'm only on chapter 6 right now, but it is a pretty good read. I can't put it down. It's mostly the childhood racing stories (BMX and MX) that get me all fired up. Also, I get a good laugh every time he uses terms like "rad" or "clapped out." I know they apply, but it still seems odd to see terms like that in a book (more used to seeing them in a magazine).

Also, I read the first chapter the night before riding at a new track on a new bike. Well, the first chapter is about his unfortunate hip dislocation. It basically made me re-live my own hip dislocation and freaked me out a little bit. I was nervous the whole way to the track the next morning. His account is almost exactly what I would have written about my experience. So, I wouldn't recommend reading Chapter 1 the night before a ride/race. Definitely gave me the jitters.

The best part of the book so far is reading about his childhood friends who we have all come to know by name (I'll let you figure out who). It is amazing that so many pros came from such a small area in So Cal. The water out there must be contaminated with race fuel or something :eek: .

WideOpen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 21, 2000
yea its a good book, a must read for any motocross fan

wish it was longer, i know there some funny stories and other stuff he left out

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Very good book!! I just read it last week, bought it thursday night and finished saturday morning :ohmy: My favorite part was when he said he first rode on a bike at Hollister Hills, thats Mine and Kawidudes stompin grounds :aj:

Looks like Florida has some of that "Contaminated" water these days :)

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Read while my wife was in labor (it took a while). Its a good book for motoheads. Kind of like bench racing with the king.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
rickyd said:
My favorite part was when he said he first rode on a bike at Hollister Hills, thats Mine and Kawidudes stompin grounds :aj:
QUOTE]

So maybe that's why we're so scary fast??? :laugh:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
So maybe that's why we're so scary fast??? :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Im scared too go fast :laugh:

showtime586

Mar 28, 2004
Pretty good book. The part that I found most interesting is why he missed his first trip to Lorettas. Why would Jack be trail riding with that kind of money in his pocket?

Top Bottom