Will these bar ends make my throttle tube stick?

KXrider12

Sponsoring Member
Jan 2, 2002
I ride BMX and MX and i havent got my new bar end for my dirtbike yet so i was wondering if i could put my bmx bar ends on there and i know they will fit but i was wondering the if the throtle will stick while i am racing this weekend?

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
If you are going to run any kind of bar end on the throttle side, I would imagine you will need to cut the end off the throttle ube entirely to make sure it doesn't catch, but you are then more likely to get dirt in the throttle tube than if you had left it fully closed.

This will likely get a better answer in the Modifications and Performance forum...

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Bit late but,
You are going to fall off at some stage so dirt will get in if it wants to by conspiring with the dirt under your front wheel & the dirt that seeks a new home under your throttle. Teamwork huh?

When you cut the end off the grip etc & put the bar end in make sure the throttle is far enough away not to scrape. Plastic of the tube slides better than the rubber that will grab. Plastic bicycle ones will probably get ripped out easier than flat metal ones. Bar inside diameter will have to be the same.

Top Bottom