Will Yzf450 04 bud clamps fit yz125 06

Dekester

Jan 2, 2007
The above information may be incorrect. I tried to clarify in what aspect 2mm he is referring to here and in my post about whether the steering issue in 05 was changed in the frame or the triple clamp of the 06.

Yamaha moved to 48 mm forks in 2004. 05-07 are also 48 mm but different forks, AOSS in 05 and SSS in 06. The 04 was bumped to 48mm and was the same style as previous generation 46 mm forks.

There are 2 questions you need answering. One is if the diameter of the mounting area of 04 and 06 forks is the same. The second question you need to know is if they changed the fork angle in 06 via the triple clamp or the frame steering neck. If they changed the angle in the frame, the clamps should have the same rake and be interchangeable as long as outer tube mounting diameter is the same. See my post below for any updates and I will try to remember to let you know when I find out.

One guy in my post said the 04 and 05 clamps are interchangable which leads me to believe that the 04/06 should be interchangeable as well as long as the fork rake was changed in the frame and not the triple clamp. It might physically work but your fork angle would be changed and would have likely negative impact on handling.

Top Bottom