Wimp Walloper trailride Riverhead 29th August

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Sign on from 9am, signposted from SH16 by Allely House.
$30 per wmcc member, $35 all others. BBQ will be on, probably at lunch time. Per the flyer: this event not suitable for novices, children, slipper wearers, Coro St viewers, saps or bleach haired mxers. I'd suggest new tyres before coming out for this one, but who knows what the weather will be like beforehand. Come along with a good attitude and be man enough to realise you're not all experts ;) Bring plenty of water, lots of energy.

Before that, we've got the family day in Woodhill on the 25th July.

The Dead Toad in Woodhill is on the 8th August. It's a 3 hour cross country which you need an MNZ licence to compete in. $40 to compete, $30 to trailride (trailriders don't get scored). There is an age restriction on this event - we can only allow 15+ year old riders due to MNZ rules & everyone's safety. Bikes will be scrutineered (as will helmets & boots). It's the 30th year and makes it the country's oldest hare scramble. If you enjoy the long trails at the family days, you'll enjoy this event.

That's it for the next couple of months, I think, but I'll post more as it comes to hand & as I remember.
Michelle

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Wow! This event sounds awsome. Have fun, Michelle!

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
It should be a fun event Brian, but it may well be "interesting" depending on the weather. The forest has a bad reputation & you either hate it or love it. It demands respect.

I went for a ride with a friend over summer & she'd been on one ride in there previously. She thought the place was awesome & just huge fun. I was nervous about going out which she couldn't understand. Part way through our ride, she was going no wonder you were nervous, I'd forgotten about all this stuff. I can't wait to go there again this year, but know I'll be as nervous as heck beforehand.

The Dead Toad I was hoping to have some competition this year, but unfortunately she won't be in the country, so I'll have last place fair & square sewn up :)

I don't know if any Aucklanders want WMCC ride info posted, but I'll carry on doing so if I'm allowed (and if I remember).
Michelle

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Brian, I thought you might be interested in this:

The Wimp Walloper ride was great. We had a good turnout, good weather & a fun day - the trails were pretty easy. Last weekend, which I think was around the last weekend of our spring, we had a race on in the same forest, followed by a trailride on the Sunday. We had rain, we had wind, we had mud, we grovelled. The trail had to be changed to suit the conditions. We had very few riders turn up. Our tent leaked overnight & basically it was crappy conditions. It was huge fun though (even if I was hungover Sunday).

On Saturday I was taking photos in a boggy area near the shed where we're based and was thrilled on Sunday when I dumped the TTR in the same place (thrilled I wasn't there taking photos of myself if you know what I mean). I had no grip on the throttle after that (my gloves were caked in mud, my throttle was caked in mud, my hands were caked in mud), but as it was a short ride back to the van, it was okay.

We jokingly mentioned we should change the dates around next year, so who knows. We're also wondering if we're going to get a summer.

Top Bottom