Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I'll just start by saying that its been to long since I posted here at DRN!

Anyway, My girl wants to learn to ride. We have been together for a while now and she is very supportive of my racing and riding habit. I'd love to get her more involved.

We are looking at gear. I know what I want to get her in just about everything. We have made some trips to try on stuff at cycle gear and a few other places. Found most of what we need.

What I need is advice on a chest protector for her. She is rather Large busted. Not sure where to look. I'd like to find something that is made to fit a woman. I'm afraid a flat one would not fit or work as well as one that was curved or it would be really uncomfortable.

Anyone have any sugguestions?

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
I post this at terrible risk of being inappropriate, but you said "She is rather Large busted. Not sure where to look." :laugh:

Apr 30, 2007
Danman said:
Anyone have any sugguestions?

I believe Acerbis makes a bosom friendly chest protector...but your best bet is to go have her try a few different models on just to see what fits best (It sounds like you've been doing just that actually). For myself, I wear a Fox airframe in size small (not women's).

VintageDirt said:
I post this at terrible risk of being inappropriate...

That cracked me up. :)

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
VintageDirt said:
I post this at terrible risk of being inappropriate, but you said "She is rather Large busted. Not sure where to look." :laugh:

Not sure where to look for gear! :rotfl: Get you mind out of the gutter Vintage! ;)

Acerbis has one that I'm aware of, but its more like the whole body armor. I was thinking more of a chest protector, but will look into it.

the shops here in town don't stock a lot of gear so its hard to find her stuff to try on!

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
If it helps at all, the Thor Sentinel has a bit of flex to it, but it is not molded to the feminine form. If you know someone who has one, maybe she could give it a try. I wouldn't risk buying one without being sure, but it could work.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I think we are going to go with a FOX women's one. We have been using a friends and it seems to work. Got her a very clean little one owner 99 KTM125EXC. It still has the original rear tire on it. It's not very worn! It was a great deal. Going to add a FWW to it and see where that takes us (she found the pipe on it already).

Top Bottom