Riston24

Mar 12, 2019
1987 RM 250
When i shift into a gear( not running) and pull in the clutch it wont move at all. Its like the clutch wont even work but it still runs correctly but i cant bump it when i need to.

The Redrider

Jun 14, 2019
1987 RM 250
When i shift into a gear( not running) and pull in the clutch it wont move at all. Its like the clutch wont even work but it still runs correctly but i cant bump it when i need to.
Hmmm, do the simple first, set it up on a stand, spin the wheels front and back, do they spin freely? If the front wheel be trippin' you have calipers that are lockin' up, break pad pins, pistons etc. spin the rear wheel, is it spinnin' freely or is it trippin'? Is yo chain clean and lubed and adjusted correctly? You should be able to stick 2-3fingers under it at the chain block. Is your back break locking up? Correct it check yo' manual to do it up right. If all this checkin' is a-ight, then proceed to your clutch. Check your cable adjustment, lube it up! You should be able to fit a nickle betwixt the perch and the lever for free play. Is your tranny fluid clean and fresh? correct level? And last but not least. The clutch basket, any notches in the basket fingers? If so, its time for a new one, some times you can file em smooth, but i wouldnt reccomend it. Good luck....Red Rizider... 1984-Honda-CR250-CR125.jpg

Top Bottom