wheelie

Jun 14, 2000
I need to know where the throttle stop is located? I checked in the throttle houseing but didn't see any stop? Could someone explain where it is and what to do. Sunruh? anybody? Thanks for the help.

bentbarz

Dec 16, 2000
Stand on the side of the bike opposite the petcock. You will see a black cover on the back of the carb, you will need to remove this first. Then look closely and you will see an allen head bolt (3mm?) going in at about 8 o'clock at a 60 degree angle. If you open the throttle while looking where the cover was you will be able to see the stop and the stop plate on the rotating assembly.

I cut mine down to the threads, but have seen others talking about 60%. I am not sure how that relates to what I did.

GRC

Feb 6, 2001
Just go buy one for a corresponding year YZ it cuts out all of the guess work and then you know it is the correct lenght.

------------------
2000 WR400F

[This message has been edited by GRC (edited 04-01-2001).]

wheelie

Jun 14, 2000
Thanks guys I got the throttle stop done. Next I took out the air box cover. Is this right or do I just take out the snorkle?

[This message has been edited by wheelie (edited 04-01-2001).]

vetwfo'er

Dec 18, 2000
Take the whole top off and pull the baffle out of the exhaust.

vetwfo'er

------------------
99 WR400f, White Bros E-Series silencer and tapered head pipe. YZ seat and tank. Thumper rad guards, works frame guards, scots steering damper. Soon to be MX-Tech suspension. SETRA, AMA, Happy Ramblers MC.

97KDX220, FMF Rev pipe and silencer, renthals.

Courage is not the absense of fear. It is the judgement that something is more important, than fear.

Top Bottom