SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
My experience has been that with all the yz mods you will be within a hp or two of a yz with an uncorked wr pipe.
Dynojet rwhp around 45~46.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Thats what I though SFO....
My 02' YZ426 showed about 46 rwhp on the Dynojet here with 29.15 ft lbs of torque.

Dynos are all different though... Yami says my 426 does 50, the mags say 49, Pro Circuit says 47 with their Pipe on it... I came up wit 46, bone stock on Texaco Premium unleaded. But mine is a YZ but it might help a little...? I hope.

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
Originally posted by Thump
Thats what I though SFO....
My 02' YZ426 showed about 46 rwhp on the Dynojet here with 29.15 ft lbs of torque.

Dynos are all different though... Yami says my 426 does 50, the mags say 49, Pro Circuit says 47 with their Pipe on it... I came up wit 46, bone stock on Texaco Premium unleaded. But mine is a YZ but it might help a little...? I hope.

Dyno #'s are really all over the map.
It is possible to fudge before and afters on a dynojet by tweaking correction factors. Or, just having the rear wheel in a different relationship to the top of the drum, or tire pressure...the list goes on.
Or the base soft ware from dynojet can be modded to read a drum with a different polar moment of inertia to get "happy " dyno readings.
Comparing different dynojets can mean up to 5~10% differences in raw output.
Not very scientific, and given the fact that a # means bragging rights watch out when you call someones bluff.
Using a dyno as a tuning aid vs. using a dyno for a sales tool are two very different things.
Sorry to ramble, I just get a little nervous around this topic.

Top Bottom