Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
DougTx said:
I am not sure it is appropriate to mention names of shops here so I will not but if you are interested to know or need the name of a reputable shop in the Dallas Texas area, let me know I will gladly give you his number and information.

Go ahead and post his info. There aren't enough good guys left in the motorcycle business, so it's important to highlight the remaining few.:cool:

DougTx

~SPONSOR~
Oct 5, 2008
Cycle Shop in DFW that got my bike right

Thanks Patman,

They are called

Northside Cycle
1406 North Corinth Street #409
Corinth, Texas 76208
(940)321-8473
Manager / guy I talked to that fixed my bike is Elmer Morgan.

He was super honest and told me what did and didn't need to be done. He did it in exactly the timeframe he quoted and right on the price he estimated.

Their card says thy specialize in Italian and Japanese bikes. There was a full racing modern KTM in the shop, some vinatage Can Am bikes and CB Hondas and some others he was rebuilding.

Good guy... I will deffinately use him again.

:cool:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
DougTx said:
He was super honest and told me what did and didn't need to be done. He did it in exactly the timeframe he quoted and right on the price he estimated.

Good guy... I will deffinately use him again.

:cool:

That's great Doug. I always love a story with a happy ending. :cool:

It really didn't sound like the valves were bad. The bike would not have started so easily if the valves were as bad as the dealer told you they were.

Glad it worked out for you.

DougTx

~SPONSOR~
Oct 5, 2008
XR400R Bent Valves- The Final Result

Well,

I took the bike out for the first time since all of this happened on Saturday. Raad my last posts if ou are interested for what all I had done from Northside Cycle here in the Dallas, Tx area but if anyone is interested here is the result.

It worked flawlessly.

It seems a little up on power from before this while deal and I can say that it starts WAY easier than before, even hot.

It runs great, no ticking from anything and I rode it for at least 3 hours that included both some MX track action (man am I a squid lol), and some nice trail chuggin also. No problems at all. Check the oil prior to the ride and immediately after. No change in level and it even idles at the correct RPM range without stalling out or popping.

$475 dollars of maintenance from a competent professional later and few worried days got me back and happy.

Thanks for all the advice and help and info...

This one is closed in my book......

Top Bottom