raamo37

Apr 7, 2008
Have a 06 PW80 which sat around for about 4 months w/o use. When fuel was added it all drained out of carburator. Opened up carb, cleaned it out and reset float. This fixed that problem. Now it is damn hard to get the thing started and when I do it either runs sluggish or races. Tried adjusting fuel and air intake with mixed results (just can't get the mix right). When the bike seems to be running ok and I shift to first gear it stalls out (automatic). Do i need whole new carb set up or is there something I'm not seeing. I am new to this whole thing. Any advise on where I should start (restart perhaps) on this?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
The pilot jet is very small on these carbs and when fuel sits it forms deposits that clog it. Pull the carb off, remove the jets and clean and clean them until you can see unobstructed through them.

This is a common problem every spring. Adding fuel stabilizer in the fall before you put the bike up for the winter will help prevent the fuel from breaking down and causing these problems.

Top Bottom