Yamaha175

Sep 22, 2019
Hi Guys..sure could use some education here. Just bought back an older bike I had..a 1972 CT 2 175 Enduro. The Owners Manual I haven't bought yet, but I am looking to change the Oil both in the motor and the gearbox. The Man i bought the bike from said he uses straight Yamalube 2s in the Gearbox filler under the seat ( there's a small reservoir) and a 10-30 in the engine itself. Any help would be REALLY APPRECIATED. Just getting back into riding after having a family. thanks..

The Redrider

Jun 14, 2019
Hi Guys..sure could use some education here. Just bought back an older bike I had..a 1972 CT 2 175 Enduro. The Owners Manual I haven't bought yet, but I am looking to change the Oil both in the motor and the gearbox. The Man i bought the bike from said he uses straight Yamalube 2s in the Gearbox filler under the seat ( there's a small reservoir) and a 10-30 in the engine itself. Any help would be REALLY APPRECIATED. Just getting back into riding after having a family. thanks..
The gear box filler under the seat should be the two stroke oil fill tank, I believe your bike is a inject-o-lube 2cycle dirt bike. You put oil on the oil fil tank. That would be 2 stroke oil, Yama lube works just fine. The crank case you can use any motor cycle tranny fluid, of the correct weight for your specific bike.
1569169741376.png

Top Bottom