mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
My son bought a 2011 yz450.He has the map programmer and has been fooling around with it. Just wonder if anyone has any experinence with the programmer and has any numbers to recommend? He will be running harescrambles his main concern is getting it to start first kick. I've not really had time to get into it and don't know if I will understand it when I do. I am still working with a carb honda 450 my other son races.

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
The off road team that Paul Wibley rides for has spent time in that area but may not give the setting for free. (I have a mental block right now but can check the Dirt Rider mag later if needed)

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
I saw Paul Wibleys bike sunday but didn't talk with him. When I passed by his tent no one was there but I checked his bike out.He is now running some type of aftermarket ignition box with a rocker switch on the bar. I found some info on yamaha website and been playing around with that a little.

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
now that you mention switchable ignition I remember reading it is a vortex ignition
and seem to remember it was in a dirt rider mag that I read it.
If you see Paul tell him Pesky say's g'day. (he'll probably laugh at the small size our world)

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
I should see him in about 2 weeks and I'll tell him. Would like to ask him about his bike. My son has been working on the starting issue and its getting better. I think its more proceedure than mapping though. Stock the bike pulled down low and midrange but fell flat up top. Got some numbers in it now thats pulling strong all the way to the rev limit.

Top Bottom