yamaha blaster wont idle and shoots fire out exhaust

Discussion in 'Bike Mods, Performance, Maintenance & Repair' started by j122687m, Dec 4, 2005.

1. j122687m

j122687m Rookie DRN Member

sorry guys i know this is the wrong forums for this but im done with my kx for the winter and i baught my yamaha blaster 240 yesterday and it was running fine until thismorning when i went out in the snow and it felt like i had a bad air leak the throttle got stuck so i adjusted that to get it to work and my dad played with the screw on the tors and the air fuel screw on the carb like the manual said to do and now it wont idle i gotta keep giving it gas even after its warmed up to keep it running and its backfiring and shooting fireballs out of the exhaust which really gave my friend a shock because he was standing behind the bike.

the carb was professionally rebuilt today and i really dont know what it could be

thanks for your help guys
    jason
  2. windsormw

windsormw Rookie DRN Member

My diagnosis of small engines is rather limited .

but i wll shed some light if possible . The carb was pro. rebuilt ? Was it jetted for the colder temps ?

It sounds like ur getting to much fuel into the combustion chamber . A back fire is when air & fuel have not burned of and sit in exhuast pipe .

Store a pocket of air furl mixture , add spark and SHOboom . Most likley the bike is running to rich . Or there is some other way that fuel is getting past the combustion chamber and gathering in the exhast pipe .

Did the carb run fine before u brought it in for service ? abd did it run poorly after sevice

just my .02
  3. j122687m

the throttle was sticking today so my friend whos a mechanic rebuilt it and it was fine and then it wasnt idling because we adjusted the throttle cable at the handlebars because thats what was causing the high idle not hte carb and it wouldnt idle anymore so by the time we figured that out he already screwed with all the screws and now the bike is shooting out fire so i have no idea what to do to fix it because if i turn the idle screw out it doesnt do anything it still wont idle and if i turn it in slowly it goes from not idling to ring dind ding ding ding at like 100000mph
  4. nickyd

nickyd Rookie DRN Member

shooting fire? and the problem is what????
  5. j122687m

ok i turned in the air fuel screw almost all the way maybe 1/2 a turn out and it stopped the backfiring but now the bike still wont idle. think i need a jet to make the bike run richer
  6. MOTOX888

MOTOX888 Rookie DRN Member

ya, id say she's runnin a little rich. lean out the fuel screw a bit and then try it
  7. j122687m

yeaa i think its got something to do with the wires its running lean until i turn it all the way in and a half turn out
  8. j122687m

or the damn tors