yam314

Apr 17, 2001
Does anybody know of any sources for PW80 hop-up parts such as pipes or graphics? And has any body modified the stock airbox from the stock crummy unit? I am thinking of just putting a K&N on the carb outlet,but would like the protection of an airbox. My son races a BW80 (fattire) and he does much better on it in the sand and tight woods than his KX60.

Jeff

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
HHHmmmm.... guess there aren't any!

The more I watch my 6 yr old manhandle his PW80, the more I wonder if it's a good idea to hop it up. While it's a great little starter bike, I don't know if more power to that chassis is a good idea.

My little guy is dragging the footpegs already!

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
you can buy an ignition from an older model...mid eighties. They don't have the built in rev limiter. Other than that changing sprokets is about it. The bike handles so poorly I agree that more power isn't too good of an idea. its not really a racer.
I don't think the limitation is in the airbox. Its more like the pipe and exhaust ports. I'd start there if I were serious about modding it.

yam314

Apr 17, 2001
He doesn't really ride it that hard in the woods, but I would like to find a less restrictive exhaust. As far as the filter goes, the stock one just doesn't seal very well. we know it is not really a race bike(we have a KX60 for that), but with the fat tires,he blows right past the other KX's and KTM's as soon as it gets real sandy and never has to worry about stalling the motor

Top Bottom