Yamaha RT 180, good?

Discussion in 'Big Bikes' started by DannyMoto07, Apr 12, 2007.

1. XRpredator

XRpredator AssClown SuperPowers
    Staff Member Damn Yankees

hmmm . . . we gots us an Athol up here in Idaho too.

some people with a lisp say its me

2. Rooster

Rooster Today's Tom Sawyer
    Damn Yankees

Sthop it you Athol.

3. DannyMoto07

DannyMoto07 Pro Class

Most recent developments:

Took a couple links out of the chain, tightened up the rear shock, cleaned out the exhaust, and painted up the pink fork boots and purple seat with vynal paint so they're now black.

I hated it... so I just ordered a set of Red and Black RT180 decals from E-bay, and a Red vynal seat-cover. No more pink and purple!

She's still running great. I didn't see any restrictions in the exhaust port, it is a tad narrow, but if thats the way Yamaha made it... it must be that way for a reason.

My father hopped on it today, (320lbs) and he was flying... Lol. Quite the sight.

OH, by the way fellas, it's Athol... ah-thall. :) Once every few years the newspaper runs a story about someone traveling out to Athol, Idaho... pretty fun... (rolls eyes).

Again, let me know if there's a ride planned in the New England area anytime soon, I can truck the bike anywhere and I really don't care how far, a half-hour drive is nothing to me.

Dan

4. RM_guy

RM_guy Scared of DirtWeek<BR>Club *********
    Damn Yankees

5. DannyMoto07

DannyMoto07 Pro Class

That is a little far. We'll see. I'm actually waiting on a few parts for the bike, so hopefully I'll have her up and ready in a month or two. I need to get a chain, sprockets, hand-guards, and I'm working on putting a headlight of some sort on it.

I'll let you know!

Dan

6. unevenload

unevenload Rookie

I know this is 10 years old but I thought I would give it a shot. I am looking for a 1st bike for my 16 year old son. He has never ridden so big and slow sounds really good. I found a RT 180 on Craigslist for $500 that looks good but says it is complete except for the magneto. I know nothing about motorcycles. Without a magneto is this thing just a paperweight? Is finding one even a possibility these days? Thanks in advance for humoring the noob.

7. Rich Rohrich

Rich Rohrich BioHazard
    Staff Member

A magneto could be tough to find, and buying any bike that doesn't run is a huge risk. Better to keep looking.