Yet another spark arrestor thingy.

sharky_101

Mar 14, 2007
Hey guys this is my first post so don't eat me alive. aha.
I've searched everywhere but I was wondering if it's possible to dismantle my stock '92 kdx200 SA thingy, coz oil's coming out anywhere, and I heard you can't actually repack it. Is this true?
Thanks in advanced. Cheers.

sharky_101

Mar 14, 2007
SA = aluminum muffler at back of bike lol.
Yeh i took it off as well as the bolts, theres some sticky silicone in the pipe where it exits the spark arrester. I undid all the bolts and i don't know how to take it apart. cheers!

crbikes

Mar 28, 2007
after u took out all the bolds in the back where the little tip is u should be able to pull it straight out. an there will be a little round cylinder in there that will hold the packing u just take out the old **** an throw it away an repack it....

sharky_101

Mar 14, 2007
hmm yeh thats whay im sayin, it don't budge, i start pulling it out but the inner pipe like gets bigger (i pull it out where it faces the front of the bike) hmm stumped eh!

Red Ryder

Mar 14, 2007
You will have to do a bit of wiggling and hammering in certain places. Use a soft hammer and knock on the mounting bracket while wiggling it out. Remove the insulation and put fresh insulation on, using just enough masking tape to hold it in place. Put fresh silicone in and reinstall it.

sharky_101

Mar 14, 2007
ahh cheers guys. thanks again!
by the way, it had 3 parts to it inside the aluminum cylinder, there was no packing, is that okay? cheers!

Last edited:

sharky_101

Mar 14, 2007
no there was no 'packing', no material of any kind, and the tube bit that sticks out and connects to the power pipe was like squished on the inside of the thing.. never mind tho i think its okay!

Top Bottom