your bike/fork seals ever do this?

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
I've had this happen a couple of times the past year. When bike is just propped up by kickstand the left fork will leak fluid. When upright on a stand it will not leak. I did the ol' film negative trick in the seal just for good measure. And then of course I don't know how much leaked out so I had to completely take off an tear down forks and re-measure fluid level again. Will not leak on stand though. Anyone else experience this? Some things just make you go hmmm.............

NGE

Uhhh...
Sep 6, 2003
Mine do not do that..... the left fork seal leaks, it's that simple.... my guess would be that the level is only high enough to leak when the bike is tipped...

do you ever notice oil on that leg after riding? my bet is it is a very small leak so you may not notice the little that gets out.... but when it sits there with oil on it constantly, it adds up.... on the stand there is no static pressure on it

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
If either one of your fork seals leak oil, or if there is oil on your forks from the seals leaking... you need to replace the seals, bushings, and wipers in each one. Ive had it done before and afterwards there were no leaks. Its been about a year now and I have to have them done again, but Im still going riding tomorrow and sunday anyways. :bang: <--- I like this smiley lol

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
i forgot a few things... you also need to replace the fork oil!!!

If you dont think you can replace the things that HAVE to be replaced, have a mechanic do it. I think you have to split the forks to change them. Make sure you change the bushings and wipers with the seals because then there GUARENTEED not to leak. And another thing... Make sure you do BOTH SIDES... even if only 1 is leaking because the othe rone isnt far behind from leaking. :cool:

Top Bottom