ps3fortheloss

Aug 24, 2014
Was curious as to what this is supposed to do on my bike... previous owner said it was 2 rpm maps for racing.

zdnnSiJ.jpg

9mIgSMW.jpg

30lHbQ5.jpg

ZwvaVio.jpg

Thanks for any help

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
This give the user the option to select from a range of power settings and customise the engines power delivery to suit a variety of rider styles, different track conditions, fuel octane levels or engine configurations.

Meaning it allows you to dial-in different power delivery based on the conditions. Example, you would prefer less "explosive" power in muddy or hard pack, the opposite in deep loam or sand.

That being said, you probably won't notice a difference unless you are fast enough to sense small changes in the bike. Most of us aren't.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Okie is right. How much you will notice the difference, will depend a lot on you as a rider, and how the different maps were built. That system allows a lot of room to tune, but without a lot of engine tuning experience and a lot of dyno time to build specific maps most riders are just as well off with the stock Yamaha setup, which on the 250F works incredibly well.

ps3fortheloss

Aug 24, 2014
Meaning it allows you to dial-in different power delivery based on the conditions. Example, you would prefer less "explosive" power in muddy or hard pack, the opposite in deep loam or sand.

That being said, you probably won't notice a difference unless you are fast enough to sense small changes in the bike. Most of us aren't.
Okie is right. How much you will notice the difference, will depend a lot on you as a rider, and how the different maps were built. That system allows a lot of room to tune, but without a lot of engine tuning experience and a lot of dyno time to build specific maps most riders are just as well off with the stock Yamaha setup, which on the 250F works incredibly well.
Thanks for the info guys. I don't do motocross, mostly just messing around in the desert with some pals on weekends, and I got this bike as my first actual "big" bike about 2 weeks ago from a guy on Craiglist. Definitely didn't expect that switch to have all that under the hood.

Anyway, I think I got the bike for a steal. The actual owner of the bike moved to ND for work, and he told a friend of his that he could sell the bike (had the title and all paperwork).

Obviously the person that sold it to me didn't know much about some of the things this bike has considering I got it for 2100 with some MX gear!

All that aside, thank you both very very much for the help!
Nick

Top Bottom