medwaste

Dec 1, 2006
I don't think my reflexes will ever be fast enough to feel comfortable riding my 150r in tight woods so......someone suggested putting a yz85 suspension on my slow trail bike, a ttr 125LE. I swear I saw this modification on a bike at Trojan mx. Has anyone done or seen this? Will it work with the 'big wheel' model? Thanks

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
yes, it has been done before and some say it works. however it may require some knowledge and precise machining. i have never done it before so i can´t help in details...
the big wheel and small wheel on the yz is the same suspension, so i guess it will work.

i have done this kinds of mods on some bikes and i never liked the feel of the bikes. simply, the rear suspension isn´t be mached with the front one. the yz forks are bigger than the ttr so the front will be very high, i believe...

what about do some mods to the crf to make it more rideable on thight stuff??

medwaste

Dec 1, 2006
The Honda already has a flywheel and has been lowered. I've logged on 100 hrs.and have improved but you're still dealing with the 'oldest and slowest' rider ever. I'm thinking maybe I could find a time machine and go back 20 yrs. or have a sex change and get some ba**s. The Honda excels on the track, that's what it was built for. I just would like some real suspension on the Yamaha, that's my woods bike.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
the YZ forks are the easy part. It takes some beating and welding and whatnot to make the rear work, but it can work. I wouldn't recommend it, though, unless you have a lot of time.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom