IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Ok. I give.. I'm putting my YZ85 trans back together after it has been apart for 2 years.

Should I have a thrust washer on the input shaft of the trans between the last gear and the bearing on the right side case??

I'm thinking there is one that should go there. As it is now, without a washer, I can move the shaft a few mm side to side and when I do pull on the shaft, it's as if it's out of gear. Push on it and it locks up like normal...

I"m about to lite the C4...

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
It's always a challenge to assemble something you took apart 2 years ago. You can't find a diagram of the tranny?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Yeah, I have a service manual and I've also looked at bike bandit.. And I don't see a thrust washer in that location, however, I don't believe I should be able to move that shaft like it's moving.

I really hate having to tear it apart again..

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Seems to me if you have looked at both of those options and it doesn't show then ya' don't need it. You do need a little bit of movement in there.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I guess I should just go ahead and put more of it together and see if it still exhibits this "coming out of gear" feel...

Frustration was getting pretty high yesterday.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
All is well.. Engine is all back together in the frame and running strong..

Just need to chase down a small coolant leak, get a new front tire and new fuel line and it'll be back on the track.

Another mini for the nephew to wear out as fast as humanly possible.

Top Bottom