Yz125 Doesn't Run Right after it was ran out of gas

Jul 31, 2016
Hey, so I recently purchased an 02 yz125 and me being the stupid person I am, I forgot to check the gas before I went out riding. So the bike started spitting and sputtering while I was riding until it died. I wondered what was wrong with it... So I started kicking it (without gas in it) and it wouldn't start. Then I realized I had no gas. So I pushed it back to the truck. I filled it up with gas and I started kicking, but it would not start. I pulled the plug and it had oil on it so I cleaned it off, then I put it back in. And no I didn't change the plug because I had just changed the plug the night before I did this. Then I kicked it again and it fired but it sounded terrible, so when I got home that night I ordered a new carborator for it and when I got it I changed it thinking the old one might be gunked up, but it is starting and still sounding really bad. So what else could it be?????? Please Help.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
If you wet foul a plug which it sounds like you did, you have to change it and toss the old one. It's unlikely the carb is the problem if the bike was running correctly before you ran it out of gas. Plugs are disposable, when they get wet enough they are pretty much done.

Last edited:
Top Bottom