Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Lou won't get much work done tomorrow waiting for them to make the announcements. :)

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I looked on the Yamaha site, maybe Friday, couldn't find anything about anything being released tomorrow? Maybe I didn't look in the right spot?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Sweet - thanks RR!! A blue 150 would be SWEET! Even sweeter with an aluminum frame. I like the looks of the CRF150, except for that old school steel frame!!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
They don't need to put an aluminum frame on it yet. They'll sell all they can make red and blue just using a revamped steel 85 chassis. Once they stop making 85s or sales slow then I'm sure we'll see the aluminum rolled out.

Poptart

Aug 3, 2006
man i sooo cant wait! i hope they make a large edition like honda, cause im pretty tall for an 11 year old, but still want a mini!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Looks like new sportbikes.... sorry, Lew :|

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
this displeases me greatly. Wonder if they went back to the drawing board when they saw the Honda? Or maybe they're still waiting for the AMA to be a little less schizophrenic.

lwsmithjr

~SPONSOR~
Sep 18, 2002
IMO, based on the AMA's new structure, Yamaha made the right "business" decision to delay the release. What would they gain? They couldn't be first (like the YZ400) since Honda already released theirs. They would probably cut into their 125 sales, and based on the Dyno numbers in the other thread, I'm guessing a 112 (new SuperMini max for 2 strokes) will smoke the 150F.

ZeCatfish

Mar 25, 2005
maybe for the 105cc class but if AMA tosses the 150's into the 85 class people are going to tell them to go to H*LL and you'll see people finally tell the AMA they don't need them and won't join, they'll start racing places that don't deal with the AMA.
Just for the record ATK is rumored to be working on a 150 MX four stroke. No details yet though.

B

biglou

matte1014 said:
yes but its an idea
Yeah, I'm sure it's a pretty close representation of what it will look like. Just picture a smaller 250/450F tank with a rad shroud. I can't wait to get mine, either! Ultimate pit bike!

motocross4life

Yamaha-What'r You Riding?
Oct 29, 2006
in one of the minirider magazines, it shows a pic of one, and looking at the graphics, could be a 2008.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
ghost665 said:
no one thinks that an aluminum frame would put the cost out of reach for the young racers who they are built for?

Honda obviously did. ;)

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
you have to ask yourself, why they need to go to an aluminum frame? I say this is more a marketing issue than an engineering issue.

I really doubt it is for weight savings. When the first CRs came out with alloy frames, they weren't much (if any) lighter, but had different hadling characteristics and weight distribution.

My (steel framed) RM85L with big wheels and a few other bolt ons weighs in at a whopping 155 lbs with fuel in the tank. Is that not light enough for you? I realize if we stick a four stroke motor in there it will be a bit heavier, but my point is that modern steel frames are plenty light.

Top Bottom