Oct 13, 2005
Posted in the suspension Forum without any responses, maybe ybetter luck here. I have a 03' yz250 that I bought used a few months ago. Everything has been fine but yesterday the temp got into the high 40's, while unloading the bike the rear just seemed sluggisgh after putting weight on it till the reaer return to the normal height. Is this because of the temp or is there something else going on here?
P.S. bike did not come with an owners manuel so I am going to purchase, but until then I still want to ride!

Spine_Thrust

Oct 3, 2003
Pull the rear-end off (and front-end) and re-grease all the bearings...or better yet replace them all. At the very least, pull it apart and inspect it to see if the bearings are shot...but like you said, get the manual first...it's much easier for it has all the torque specs and diagrams to follow.

Check the clicker settings too. See where they are set and mark them down...then when you get your manual you will be able to see why I can't tell you what they need to be!

jp2396

Dec 12, 2004
I would think that the cooler weather could definitely have an efffect on the rebound due to the shock oil being thicker and not flowing as easy.

Top Bottom