billster14

Nov 16, 2007
the nice weather made me want to take my yz250f out for a ride and it has been sitting in the cold in my shed since the end of the nice weather last year. when i put the bike away for the winter it ran great but now when i start it, it stalls unless im giving it throttle. i adjusted the idle and when it idles right and you give it gas it stays at high rpm for a long time before going back down to idle. it also doesn't ride well at low rpm's. it runs like a completely different bike and i dont like it i have no idea whats wrong got any suggestions?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I'd take the carb off, remove the float bowl & accelerator pump and clean everything out.

Make sure you blow compressed air thru the jets, just spraying carb cleaner on them isn't quite enough.

Once you have it back on, readjust the idle & air screw and see how it runs.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Definately sounds like you need to clean the carb and drain all the old gas out. Fresh fuel and a clean, well adjusted carb should have it running like it did when you put it away.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
oldguy said:
Also how cold out is it? You could be way lean and that would also cause backfiring on decel. Try adjusting the fuel screw out a half turn or so

:cool:

Top Bottom