rastaman

Apr 30, 2009
i got a 82 yz80(first year water cooled) just did the top end. but the bike wont start if kicked i gotta jump start it. the only time it would start when kicked is when the bike has been ridden for awhile and i turn it off n let it sit for like 30 seconds. i was thinking i need to rebuild the bottom end?

rastaman

Apr 30, 2009
well i jus got the bike. i havent changed the air filter but i dont think thats the problem and it has a new plug. im prolly just gonna rebuild the bottom end

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Excuse my sarcasm, you are right. It is VERY unlikely that the bottom end will cause starting issues. I was bein a smart arse, the air filter is a GREAT place to start.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Who measured the ring end gap and piston skirt clearance before assembly? I do remember 1 time, upon a now seemingly mistake I made, and just slapped a new top end in,,,, The ring was not seated properly, it was too tight, hard to start, and the rings failed prematurely. Not that the bottom end could be an issue, but?

rastaman

Apr 30, 2009
ok thanks ill check that out but ill still rebuild the bottom end too bcus the guy who had the bike before rebuilt it but he didn't use the proper gasket and the also put the piston on back wards. good thing the bike was really cheap

Top Bottom