WhiteDiesel

Feb 20, 2003
When we finally got to Ocotillo, it was dark. Everybody fired up their bikes and all the sudden all but me shut theirs off, to come look at mine. My head pipe was glowing from the head to the Exhaust pipe mate clamp. You could light a cigarette on it. What is this? I just turned the choke off when it started lighting up the camp site. Could my aftermarket Silencer be too restrictive? My buddies CRF450 didn't do it.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
It's normal to glow a little red when at operating temp. Most people just don't notice since we don't generally ride around in the dark a whole lot. My buddy was freaking out the first time he noticed it on his 250F. He was about to pour his Gatorade on it to cool it down.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Yeah mine did that too and freaked me out as i was use to my 2 stroke. My old 82 thumper never did that but was half the bike too.

sirthumpalot

Feb 26, 2003
My new WR450 does this.It was odd to say the least the 1st time I saw it but I'm ok with riding a FIRE breathing monster.At least I dont need to worry about forgetting my cigarette lighter.

Top Bottom