JamieB

Oct 12, 2006
I have a YZinger80 that I took the carburator off of and cleaned. I did not pay any attention to the screw settings. Can anyone help me? Also, there are two hoses which do not seem to connect to anything, what in the world are these for?

Thanks

JamieB

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
JamieB said:
I have a YZinger80 that I took the carburator off of and cleaned. I did not pay any attention to the screw settings. Can anyone help me? Also, there are two hoses which do not seem to connect to anything, what in the world are these for?

Thanks

JamieB

The idle screw out until it idles... and the air screw out about 1.25 to 1.75 out. Adjust so that the throttle response is nice and crisp. It's something you have to be able to hear and feel.

Those hoses? Breather and Overflow...

Get a manual... Here's a link to a downloadable version. It should tell you all the things you need to know about the bike. http://www.yamahaownershandbook.com.au/index.php

JamieB

Oct 12, 2006
I can't even get it to crank. I have taken the head off, it is fine. I have checked to make sure I have fire, I do, I have cleaned every port, jet, and part of my carb and still cannot get this bike to crank. I am an amature but this is addicting. I love working on it but it is about to get the best of me. Any suggestions?

karlp

Nov 13, 2001
Got gas?
Got Fire?
Got Compression?

JamieB

Oct 12, 2006
Thanks for all you guy's help. It is firing hitting now but not running long. I think I am getting there. I may have to purchase a new carb though.

JamieB

Oct 12, 2006
I got it running, but it only runs full speed. Any Suggestions? I am having a blast working on this bike. I am so close I can taste it, but I can't figure out what is going on. I have adjusted the idle screw and air screw every way possible but these don't even phase the high revving. I place my hand over the intake and it lowers the idle speed. Please help me finish this project while I am still sane. Thanks in advance.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
JamieB said:
I got it running, but it only runs full speed. Any Suggestions? I am having a blast working on this bike. I am so close I can taste it, but I can't figure out what is going on. I have adjusted the idle screw and air screw every way possible but these don't even phase the high revving. I place my hand over the intake and it lowers the idle speed. Please help me finish this project while I am still sane. Thanks in advance.

I'd take a look at the reeds.. make sure they are in good shape.. And if you haven't already, make sure the carb is clean... Could it be that the slide is sticking??

kx125412

Mar 30, 2006
The bikes not getting fuel, mine did the same thing it starts up and revs super high cause its starved of fuel take the carb apart again and take out every jet you see. There will be the pilot jet, a very small one with holes in the top and on the sides, the main jet, it looks like a nut and it has a hole in the top, the jet needle, needle jet, basically everything you see that can come off. If it still doesnt run I dont know whats wrong. Sounds to me like carb issues though.

jason33

Oct 21, 2006
check the pilot jet, after that if it sticks open id say a air leak /magneto side ,or theintake boot
did you get the head tight enough?

Top Bottom