DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Anybody know if a 74 dt 360 motor and a mx yz motor are about the same bottom end wise I needs me some cases becuse the chain broke thew LS case in half when it derailed on a Jump. I see the Dt has a speedo drive and the MXyz has a plug pushed in there .Maybe I can make the DT cases work . Anybody know? I would TIG it up but its too far broken .

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Pantera , Think it will work ? I only need the cases and the Speedo drive I can plug up , On the MX they drive in a steel core plug .Ill swap the MX gears in . Thought maybe somebody knew for sure .

Pantera

Nov 25, 2001
Dean, the bike you are fixing belongs to my brother in law.He talks about you all the time, Dean this and Dean that.He has total faith in you, so if think the DT cases will work, I'm sure they will.Maybe you could find something here http://hometown.aol.com/vintageyz/index.yzclassfds.html .I remember him saying that it was shifting bad, so he had to go inside anyway.If the MX had a plugged speedo drive, how much different could they be?Next time maybe he could bring you to the races to adjust his chain for him also

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Ha! Yeah right I thought thats what little Dave was for . I thought it was you I just didnt know for sure . Meakem seems to have so much stuff going on all the time I wonder how he can Juggle it all .

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Dean - check the base gaskets to make sure the stud pattern is the same. Early (true factory) YZs had wider stud spacing.

Top Bottom