woodsguy2000

~SPONSOR~
Apr 24, 2001
We bought my grandson the Z50 about year ago. He wasn't ready to ride so it has sat till now. He has started riding, pretty well actually. Which leads me to this question, is the XR enough better to switch to it before going bigger. Upon inspection the z seems more like a mini-bike than a mc.
Would really like to improve suspension and more of mc tire.For now power not an issue.

Not ready for a bigger bike so would the XR be a better fit.
Style of riding is as much trails as he can do.

Thanks Rob

JGrossijr

Dec 29, 2004
A lot depends on the years of bikes that you are talking about. We started with an '83 Z50 and moved to an '01 XR50. There was a huge difference. The Z feels clunky & slow compared to the XR. We have 8 bikes now and kept the Z50. Even when we have more kids than bikes at the house, nobody rides the Z50.

woodsguy2000

~SPONSOR~
Apr 24, 2001
motodawg! I like the ttr as well. But will buy used since kids grow so fast. When I think he is ready will go KTM!

jgrossijr, that was the answer I figured I'd get. Probably time to sell and buy!

Thanks

jigracing

Jun 26, 2005
I race my Z50. You can improve the suspension and motor pretty easy. If you get a xr/crf50 you can make it grow with the kid for along time! so many mods available.
round4023.jpg

z50closeup.jpg

Top Bottom