plynn41

Jun 8, 2009
My boy is going for the glory in the 85cc beginner class this Sunday at Hwy 89 Raceway in Mayflower Arkansas. :cool: We've got his YZ85 tuned up and ready, and he's talking a big game. I think he'll be in for a surprise when he rides the real mx track for the first time though! I'm taking him to practice this Saturday if it doesn't get rained out. Not sure who'll be more hyped-- him or me!

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
get video of both outings :cool:

plynn41

Jun 8, 2009
Count on it! I've got some videos of him practicing already, and he always gets embarrassed when he watches them because when he's riding, he thinks he's really flying. But when he see's the video, it doesn't look half as fast. But he's improving!

Blast104

Feb 23, 2010
my boys first race

I have a 7yr and a 4yr old boys. About a month ago we had arena races, here in town all armature. So I took a day off of work to enter boys in races. That morning went and made sure that we were up to par. We were right on track, just had to take some electrical tape and make us a number. Lucky number 7 . Entered my 4 yr old on a crf50 w/training wheels. His class was 5 and under on a 50cc. There was 2 boys entered 5 year old on a ktm 50 2 stroke that was on it then my boy who had been on tracks like this before, just not as tall and sharp as in the crest of the jump. Had to be pushed over because training wheels were hanging up. I was running around a lot helping him, grinning from ear to ear. The audience was responding to him they made it clear that they liked the 4 year olds effort. We finished our first race with just one little wreck. In the last heat, no wrecks and a 2nd place finished with a second place plaque. Sweet! Following weekend Nick gets another shot at it & he being the only racer for his group. So they combined his race with small four-wheelers . He finished first in his heat twice getting a first place plaque, that a boy. Same weekend my 7 yr old takes a run at it. He's on a klx110 . They class him with the 65cc. He gets smoked , his bikes just not the same , but he stays right in there and races his race. Finishes without any issues . Between two heats, he gets a fourth place finish and plaque . Two weekends of racing, $300 later and we now have our first trophies to hang up . Gotta love it, I sure did.

Top Bottom