DavidLewis

Feb 10, 2010
I have no spark. Wiring loom looks OK and have put a new spark plug in. Stator has been replaced too. If you have any ideas as to where I might have a gap please let me know - I am fixing this bike for a kid who is DYING to ride! Thank you.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Did you check the kill switch? Did you check the air gap for the pickup when the stator was replaced? Are you sure the wires were hooked up correctly? Is the CDI good? The coil?

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
Check out ALL the electrical connections.

ALL of them.

My stepson had similar problems with his 110.
Pulled one of the connectors apart and one of the little "tab" connectors was not pushed all the way into place.

Also invest in a bit of dieelectric grease. :cool:

Porkchop

~SPONSOR~
Apr 27, 2001
looking at connections will only tell you if they're hooked up, mechanically not electrically. Measure the electrical resistance of all the components when separated, then as you make each connection check for continuity of each connection with a volt -ohm meter or a test light(self powered), one by one as you go. make sure that the stator has good ground in the engine, the engine to the frame, & the coil on the frame. Check the spark plug cap-connector & wire to the coil, does it have some measure in ohms? By using the process of elimination effectively, you will find what is shorting to ground, what is not connected or the part that is not working, when isolated out of the entire system. good luck...

Last edited:

DavidLewis

Feb 10, 2010
Thanks guys! I have worked a lot on antique farm tractors, so this bike's set up is a bit different, but the principles are the same, so here we go with a diagnostic check.

Top Bottom