koolaid67

Nov 23, 2009
need opinions

i need opinions and facts im new here from pennsylvania . i plan on getting a 125 2stroke dirtbike but which one? i have rode my buddys CR125 andonly problem was getting on it he had 2 to hold the bike 4 me once i was on the bike it was perfect heres some info about me im 5 foot 5 and and a half weigh 215 (Yea im a big kid) have been riding quads since i was 7 im 14 now gonna be 15 in february .i have a need for speed !(Thats why i bought a sled bout a year ago) but what do you guys think i plan on getting this bike by summer as long as my grades r good . just tell me how u feel thank u tim

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
If you cant reach the ground, you are asking for trouble. Most motocross bikes (CR, RM, YZ, KX) are going to be too tall for you. You have a few options...you can lower the bike (which can be expensive if done correctly) or you can buy a bike with a lower seat height. How much are you looking to spend?

koolaid67

Nov 23, 2009
«very Important»

1) your physical size ? IM 5'5 and a half weigh 215 2) How physical / aggressive are you ?IM VERY AGRESSIVE ID SAY I LIKE SPEED 3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends WOODS AND WITH FRIENDS4) Do you have any riding experience YES WITH QUADS RODE QUADS FOR 7 YEARS IM 14 GONNA BE 15 NOW5) Do you think you will raceNO! ?6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike workPROB WILL NEED HELP 7) Do YOUhave a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?NOT REALLY U TELL ME WHAT U THINK IVE RODE CR125 B4 JUST HARD 4 ME TO GET ON 8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? YAH BUT CANT AFFORD NEW !9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?$150010) Do you live in California?NO 11) Your age? 14 YEARS OLD12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion tell me what i should aim for if i dont get a dirtbike gonna buy my buddys 300ex for 1500 its an 02 i think :nener:

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
Your options will be limited in the 4 stroke field at $1500. Modern 4 strokes are high maintenance. Maybe you should look for an older XR (Honda) or a TTR (Yamaha)...but you would need to check on seat height. You should search this site using the key words "seat height" and educate yourself on your options.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
An XR200 or similar would be great for you in the woods as far as height goes but you might get bored with the power in the open fields and such. Not to be rude, but you may want to try to lose some weight as most bikes with engines built to haul your weight are going to be too tall for your height.

Top Bottom