brian2372

Sep 12, 2005
i race a 00 cr250 in H&H/HS that is built for offroad and i bought a 02 cr250 off my neihbor that is not running for cheap but has very low hours on it.i know that theres not many parts that swap between them and my question is if its worth it to build the 02 into my new race bike or theres not enough of a differance in them in handeling,power,ect. and just ebay it out.

rossim22

Jul 19, 2008
I just bought a 2002 cr250 myself and love it. It's better up top, but I geared it for the hole shots with a FMF Gnarly, so it's got plenty of low end torque as well. The main difference would be that the 2000 model has the cylinder reed induction, while the 02's have case reed induction, which brought hp up from 49 to 52.

The shift fork is lighter and the rear brake system is lighter. They also went to an aluminum frame, significantly reducing the weight.

steve.emma

Oct 21, 2002
the 02' is the fiirst of the 3rd generation frame bikes and its generally thought that these handle better than the earlier models. honda has used alloy frames since 97' by the way..
i had an 02' setup for woods use, i used a gnarly pipe fmf shorty muffler a flywheel weight and a vforce reed block. bike made real good low end power and would still kick ass on top end.
if i was you i would turn the 02' into your woods bike and sell the 00'. its 2 years newer and they handle very well when setup for your weight.
good luck.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom