DirtRyder03

Jul 14, 2003
I have a 2000 kx250 and when i start it, it smokes quiet a bit, but once i ride it for a while it doesnt smoke as much(stil noticable) i mix it around 40:1 and it still smokes? is there a carb screw or something that i have to lean or whats going on?

Or is it normal for a 250 to do this?

DirtRyder03

Jul 14, 2003
Originally posted by MXP1MP
My question to you is, when's the last time you replaced the top end if ever?
the top end was changed a couple of trips ago(motor runs normal), thats not the problem its just the smoke? that why i was asking if maybe i had to lean out the carb?

ericlachance

Feb 16, 2003
PS dirtryder03, one or more of your carb circuits are probably too rich, or you might be burning coolant, or you might have a blown crank seal. (I'd check the jetting) unless this problem just started suddenly. (how long have you had your bike for and when did it start this? or has it smoked like this since day1?)

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
I always tought it was normal for a bike to smoke a bit more when you start it cold than once it is warm. All the bikes I had once jetted properly would smoke when I start it. After say 2 minutes of riding you can barely notice the smoke coming out.

ericlachance

Feb 16, 2003
Like I said, if it still smokes noticibly after it's warmed up, it might be a bit rich. But if it never used to smoke and just started recently, than you might have a different problem.

ericlachance

Feb 16, 2003
I'm on the south shore of montreal 10 minuits from the Lafontaine tunnel, in Boucherville(longueuil). Where do you ride in Hull? I usually go to yamachiche (near three rivers), but that's quite a ways from my house. About 10 minuites from my place, theres the St-Julie mx track(part of last years national championship circuit.)

Eric

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
I've seen St-Julie, wow it's a really nice place. Here we have Sand del lee mx park, but it's nowhere near a national track. It's in Ottawa, 1hour from here. I made a track in a field 15 min from my place but it's more arenacross like. It's mostly second gear jumps and lap times below 2 min. It's on the small side. We don't have that many nice places to brag about. Actually not one. A few people tried to have the zoning changed to build a cmrc accredited track but were stuck with zoning problems. There is a clear message from the Gatineau city counselors, that motocross is not the kind of activity they want to promote. If you happen to drive around I'll explain to you where my track is.
J.Sebastien

ericlachance

Feb 16, 2003
Sorry To hear that. Do the cops bother you much when you go ride in the feild? I'm lucky to live near the st-Julie track, but the only problem is the guy doesn't take care of it much except when theres cmrc races. yamachiche, the other place I ride at is also part of the cmrc provincial championships, and in three rivers, theres another track, but I've never been to that one. i really like the yamachiche track, the only problem is that I have to rely on my freind because I don't have a truck to tow my bike with... If ever I go your way, I'll be sure to tell you about it. it's allways nice to ride with someone you've at least spoken to before.

Eric

Top Bottom