Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
My dealer has a couple of new(?) 01 125 sx's on the show room floor that he's wanting to get rid of. They look like they may have been ridden a couple of times but I don't know to what extent.

My question is did the new KTM 125sx's come from the factory with black excel rims? The ones I've seen didn't but my dealer said they came stock on this model.

When I buy my next bike I want it to be new, not one that has been raced before. Is he pulling my lariat and trying to pass off a used bike as new? If they didn't come on the bike I can't figure out why he would put these black rims on a new bike that supposedly is new.

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Are you sure they are Excel's

The reason I ask is my local KTM dealer got a new 125sx that came with the new U shaped DID's. And they were black too boot.... I asked him if this was a sign of things to come. He said that they probably ran short or they were just lower on the shelf......:cool:

I would prefer the DID's over the Excel's if given a choice.

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
I have never seen a KTM come from the factory with black rims. I have seen them come with gold rims, but this was a friends SIX DAY bike that he bought in Spain.
Look at KTM's web site and see if they show anything.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Never seen any KTM come with black or U shaped rims-has the bike got any wear on the frame-tyres etc?It is very hard to fit new tyres without putting a mark on the rims so look at that.

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
The bike I saw (twice) in the crate and assembled. Had the black U shapped DID's. No question about it. I bet the explanation my dealer gave me was not to far off target......It may be a collectors Item......Someday........Then again so will an AMC pacer.........

Top Bottom