Birgster

Oct 26, 2000
I had the suspension on the 300 done by WER. and I have to say that it ----en rocks. I can't believe what a difference it makes when riding. Definately the best bang for the buck and would suggest to everyone.
I just got the K-Style graffics and seat cover, I hated that slippery seat. They look really nice but have not put them on yet.
Next I was wondering if anyone has put the FMF pipe on? not just the silencer but the whole pipe and silencer. KTM does a good job with the stock pipe but I wanted to know if anyone did put the pipe on, did it make a difference?

Robert.

Reon

Apr 11, 2000
I dont think sooooo.....

You are thinking of GAS GAS pipes that are made by FMF

------------------
Regards
Reon

1999 KTM200EXC
1990 KTM125EXC

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
I have a buddy that is running the SST pipe and spark arrestor. He said it made a difference. He is currently 2nd in Open A at the National Enduros. I haven't had a chance to ride it yet, maybe next weekend. I'll let ya know

------------------
Team Funmartcycle.com
2000 KTM 200EXC & 250EXC

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
I have ridden, stock, pipe and stock arrestor, and gnarly and TCII. The Gnarly is a must because of the strength. I would also get a pipe guard from Holeshot. I looped my 300 on a step up in the middle of a hillclimb and the pipe (bike) landed on a large rock, virtually no damage to speak of. The TCII has a very mellow, but cool sound, saves about 3 or 4 lbs minimum, looks worlds better, and doesn't spooge as bad as stock.

But as far as 'mods' go the best investment for performance is the Delta II V-force reed cage.

Birgster

Oct 26, 2000
Dez,
I wonder were you got your information from about the pipe being from FMF.

HMMMMMMM.......

Strick,
As far as the reed cage I have not heard of the delta force reeds but have a lot of experience with boyseen.

rb

Bob Brooks

Jan 6, 2001
I have also heard that FMF makes the pipes for KTM. I don't know where I heard that, and I don't have any documentation to support it, but I was told that. Who knows?

I have a new '01 300 MXC also and broke it in last Sunday. Mine is totally stock except for a Power Core IV silencer. The jetting is still stock and way too fat, but it's still really cold here and I thought I would leave it alone for break-in. Motor-wise, it felt plenty healthy as is to me, at least once I iron out the carburetion. The suspension does feel a little soft though, and when I ride it hard that may become an issue. Please let me know what mods you do decide on and how they perform. I know another 300 owner here locally that put a Delta reed cage on with positive results.

Birgster

Oct 26, 2000
If FMF makes the pipes I would think they would want to market it more.

The pipe looks and performs good and I will most likely not replace it until I thrash it.

Bob Brooks, I weigh 190 and has to go with stiffer springs. My suspension is right on and well worth the 5 Bills I put into it from WER.

rb.

Top Bottom