ethan

Jan 15, 2003
I have a stock '01 300exc. I'm an intermediate rider 175# (w/gear)and I'm having trouble with the forks. The rear is great. The fork is harsh on the small stuff unless the compression is almost all the out, then it blows through the travel and bottoms on the medium hits. On the once the year trip to the MX track, 3 clicks more comp. and the fork works great. Settings and oil are stock. I've heard removing the high speed stack helps. Anyone have fix more me? Has anyone tried gold valves in their WPs?

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
Just a hunch but you might pull the compression taps and check the shims in the stacks. On my 01 250 I had an extra 16mm on one side and an 18mm on the other. Needless to say the Highspeed compression was pretty harsh.

Dave.Smith

Dec 15, 2002
I run a lighter weight oil in my '00 (Spectro 85/150) Also, check out e-bay for a WP revalve kit. I haven't heard of anyone who didn't feel they got their money's worth (~$38).

Dave Wood

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 2000
I had MX Tech revalve my forks and shock on my 03 KTM 300EXC. They have several locations around the country, I had Tim at I-Moto in Livermore, CA work on my suspension. He did a outstanding job. I just returned from riding in Baja, riding some really difficult single track and the bike worked great. My steering dampener has not arrived and I was a little nervous heading down to Baja with revalved suspension which I had not yet ridden. I am thinking I am going to get punished in the many rocky sections. But the MX Tech suspension never deflected and the faster I went the better it worked. I to race an occasional MX and want my suspension plush enough for the rocks, roots, stutter bumps and whoops encountered in the Woods, but want it firm enough to race an occasional MX. MX Tech has the KTM suspension figuered out. I am not sponsored by MX Tech, I paid retail and glad I did, because it works.

Tim and Jeremy, Thank You.

Dave Wood
AMA/D36 Enduro #2
Motul, Smith, Mach 1 Motosports, Clarke, KTM, Motion Pro, Braking and Fox Racing.

Top Bottom