Flooder305

May 4, 2004
I have an 01 WR426F with a CRD absolute power 2 silencer on it with the titanium header and midpipe. The setup sounds very nice, and I wouldn't know any difference on power from stock, but the kicker is that is has a Cobra Sparky arrestor welded on to the end to meet CA requirements, adding approx. 5 inches to the overall pipe. It's the only thing about the bike I can't stand. I don't want to get rid of the Header and mid-pipe (did I mention TITANIUM :aj: ?) they've taken quite a few wrecks with not a scratch. But I need a new silencer, and I need one that's as quiet as this one, and has spark arresting built in. Can anyone help a brother out? :bang:

CRD offers a pipe called the Absolute Performance 2 which has a built in arrestor, but they only make it for 450F's, can I get away with it, is the 450 exhaust setup that much different?

www.crdoffroad.com

Bill she's still going strong..... Can't say the plastic looks the same though... :laugh:

B

biglou

Is that SFO's old ride? The pipes are not interchangeable from the 426-450 frames. I made that change a year and a half ago, from an 01 426 to an 04 450.

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
Glad it is still ripping for you.
Actually the pipe is stainless, hate to burst your bubble...
Perhaps CRD would sell you a new USFS approved canister?
I know you never like the bazooka effect of the sparky addition :| , It's the best I could do to make that pipe legal.
I have sent Rich some 450 pipes and to the best of my knowledge they fit onto a 426...
Good Luck!

Flooder305

May 4, 2004
Well what do you know.... Stainless :aj: Yeah I don't like it, but it does work.... I don't know which wreck it was, but I broke the tang that connects the pipe to the midpipe, so it's a little loose on there. Anyway we'll see what happens at Christmas you know? :) So a 450 pipe won't fit the 426? Big Lou says no... Bill says yes... Rich?

B

biglou

Well, I learned most of what I know from those two, so I'd go with what they say. I was pretty sure a 450 pipe wouldn't bolt right up, but I may be wrong. The path behind the subframe attach point was so much cleaner and more open on the 450, I didn't think there was any way that pipe would fit into the 426. Beyond that, there are the three attach points to line up-head, subframe by kickstarter, and the rear of the subframe.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I never got the chance to try out the Ti Force 450 pipe SFO sent me to test on the 426 but I have a bare 426 frame sitting in the shop that I can check it on later tonight to check the attachment points. I'll follow up tonight .

Flooder305

May 4, 2004
One other question, Bill just if you happen to know, will the CRD midpipe setup accept the FMF Q2 slip-on silencer if that CRD 450 pipe wouldn't fit?

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
Flooder305 said:
One other question, Bill just if you happen to know, will the CRD midpipe setup accept the FMF Q2 slip-on silencer if that CRD 450 pipe wouldn't fit?

really doubt it.
the crd header is pretty tucked in.
there has got to be a ton of these pipes/headers available used.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Maybe check with Thunder Alley and see if Bob can make ya' up a tail section? They are about 30 minutes away from you and I know for a fact that Bob can add a USFS approved end to the canister he uses. He's made 3 different pipes for me and they all are awesome!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom