01 CR 125 Wiesco piston problem.. ring end gap incorrect position, strange part #

Jan 16, 2007
I purchased what is supposed to be a piston kit for my 2001 CR 125 from an **** vendor with perfect feedback. It's some rare race piston with factor teflon coating from Wiseco. No biggy all is well accept one thing... the piston ring end gap pin is in the wrong location. The stock pin location is at the 7 o'clock position, while this new piston is at the 6 o'clock position. Well guess what there is an intake port a the 6 o'clock position. I would surely think this would snag the ring and destroy my motor. I called the vendor and he said he's sold about 27 of these kits that they had left. There were 3 left when I bought mine.. and 0 left now as the auction indicates.

Does anyone have any idea if this is correct or where the regular pro lite piston has it's ring gap pin?

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
pimpazzberetta said:
Why cant I post any links for pics? Keeps talking about a spam killer and says I've posted 1 or more links... WTF?
Until you have some more time on DRN your posting abilities are limited. This is to prevent spammers from hitting the site and wasting all out times
Email me your pics (reduced in size) and I'll post em

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Try emailing the manufacturer. They have responded to the queries I sent them over the years.

olthesav

Aug 25, 2006
this is a performance wiseco GP piston it will have a nicasil plated crown, moly coated skirts and the ring end pin is in a different location to allow the tuner more options when porting,,

take a look at eric gorr`s book, its mentioned in there,,

http://www.forwardmotion.com.mx/MXandOffroadbook.pdf

its in this taster sample of the book page 7 of 15,,
do as i have done and order the book off his site looks like it will make some interesting reading when it arrives,,

HP ADDICT

Feb 5, 2007
I am actually pretty sure the problem is with the installer. You should see how bad he messed up his srt4. He also obtained a yfz450 from a crackhead. J/K

Top Bottom