KawiDave

Feb 3, 2005
I have an interesting question. I have a 2001 KX250L3 and I am doing some suspension work, new springs etc. Anyway when I pulled the forks and took the caps off to change the springs I found an o-ring between the plastic spring guide and the first nut on the damping rod. Is that O-ring supposed to be there? The service manual shows it sitting between the plastic guide and the first nut but when you torque the damping rod nut to the proper torque that o-ring flattens and bulges out. It doesn't seem right to me and the internals show that there has been work done before. This is how I found them and I want to make sure this is okay before I re-spring and start setting things back to torque specs. Any help on this would really be great THANKS! :yikes:

KawiDave

Feb 3, 2005
Thanks Marcusgunby,
I was about to do that when I was "enlightened" on the Kawasaki motocross forum. I completely brain-farted the process. The spec is for the nut-to-cap setting not the destroy-the-innocent o-ring trick. I've long been a fan of humble pie... :bang:

Top Bottom