tomfoolery82

Jan 7, 2009
the clutch on my 01 rm 125 doesnt seem right. the adjustmet is all the way out on the perch. the bike will not start in gear cause it wants to creep forward. when i put it into gear after it is started it tries to creep forward but it doesnt go anywhere. i have to let the clutch almost all the way out to release it and barley pull it in to engage it. also when i shif form 1st to 2nd it goes to neutral real easy. i noticed if i shif hard it goes right into second gear. there is no problem with any other gear. the engine seem and sounds great. what should i do to take care of this

Jan 12, 2008
Not sure if this will help you but I have have a 02 and a 03 RM and I will tell you that Suzuki bikes are famous for notching in the clutch basket fingers. I have replaced the clutch baskets in both of my bikes. If I were you I would pull off the clutch cover off and check to see if there is notching that is holding up the clutch plates from moving in and out. Its real easy to do just put the bike on its side and pull off the cover and look for small groves where the fiber plates would sit against the aluminum basket. Good luck

tomfoolery82

Jan 7, 2009
how long did it take to do that to your clutch basket on your bike, did it take a while or did it happen fast. if it is the clutch basket would i be better off with a aftermarket one or could i get a way with a OEM for a long time depending on my clutch use. The OEM is much cheaper on ebay

carlav1410

Nov 28, 2008
Also look to see if the hard disks look burnt or discolored (Like they where tempered)
I just had this happen to my sons 00' rm 125.
Hope this helps Cal

Jan 12, 2008
Yeah I would say get a stock one again if they are cheaper. Usually stock parts are more then aftermarket so that is supprising to me you found it for less. The stock one should work for a long time for you I am sure. I put a Hinson basket in my 02 250 and a stock one in my 03 125. I bought my 03 125 used last year and replaced the basket this year so I would say that stock holds out for a long time but I am not sure how much the original owner rode the bike. On my 02 250 I have had it since new and I replaced the basket at about 5 years. For sure pull that clutch cover off and inspect the old basket before getting a new one because it could be something else but this problem I am talking about is a for sure thing eventually on Suzuki bikes. Good luck

Top Bottom