01' rm250 performance parts

01RM250K3

Jun 2, 2007
hi i was just wondering if there are any companies that have or do performance modifications to your engine for a 01' rm250 because i cant find any. i can find a whole mess of aftermarket performance parts for quads but little luck with dirt bikes. is there any aftermarket companies like lonestar, alba, or trinity that specialize only in dirt bikes instead of quads?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
What are you looking to do? That year rm250 is supposed to be one of the strongest 250s. It was said to have a gnarly hit and crazy top end pull. I had an 02 with a Bill's pipe & silencer and V-Force reeds and that thing was a beast. I sold it to a buddy who did the 2mm over bore and put on a flywheel weight. It's a bit easier to ride, but still a HUGE handful in the tight stuff. The bike is pretty responsive to power valve adjustments. I would start by making sure the top end is fresh, the jetting spot on and the PV adjustment is where you feel it works best for what you're doing.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I will never get the bigger rotor weight thing. By an XR if the 2 stroke MX race bike scares people. Am I the only person looking for lighter rotors? I had an '00, sent the top end to Eric to clean up, jetted, pipe and silencer(I copied a factory shorty silencer), tassanari and pv hitting as quick as possible. That is 1 250 I wish I never got rid of. And I am a card carrying Suzuki hater! On another note, my pos chinese pit bike, with a big azz flywheel, now has an itty bitty internal rotor, like modern mx bikes. Sweet, it runs like a 2 stroke, ripping top end, good pick up off bottom. The overbore will give the 2 stroke more bottom/mid. With the right set up, that can add to the top. This is all seat and rider response, no dyno data. Trails and mx set up, completely different. Choose your bikes accordingly, and modify to suit your needs. MX, more everywhere will do fine. That flywheel weight will take off the top mid hit, and smear it down low. Nothing like a 2 stroke that barks! On the stand barks, can be on the track also.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
The FWW was for woods. We do alot of tight trail riding and he had a tendency to stall it alot. It also requires complete attention to throttle control or it will leave you behind. This is the reason I sold it. I do not have the skill or physical condition required to keep that thing under control. Funny thing is, neither does he. It's a hoot to watch him try and tame the beast, lol.

01RM250K3

Jun 2, 2007
well i just did the top end last year, i have a fmf sst pipe and powercore 2 shorty silencer and boyesen carbon fiber reeds. i was just wondering who does head work and porting and polishing and as for the power valve how do you adjust it to make more power? i did the boyesen reeds because for some reason they dont make vforce 3 reeds and cage for the 2001 year.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
The power valve doesn't make "MORE" or "LESS" power. You can tune some setups to open sooner or later. Effectively moving the "hit" around in the rev range.

weaksauce

Aug 1, 2008
_JOE_ said:
The power valve doesn't make "MORE" or "LESS" power. You can tune some setups to open sooner or later. Effectively moving the "hit" around in the rev range.
so adjusting it will not have an adverse perminent affect? the service manual just says how to set it up to OEM settings.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
weaksauce said:
so adjusting it will not have an adverse perminent affect? the service manual just says how to set it up to OEM settings.
No. You can adjust it to the point where your power delivery is messed up but it won't hurt anything. Don't be afraid to experiment with it.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
From what I have seen(I had a 00, still wish I had it!!! It ripped!!!)(And, I hate suzi!) the adjustment varied year to year. I believe mine was 2 turns to hit like a slap in the face! You can put less tension and it hits sooner/milder. More tension it hits later and harder.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…