PGHRam

Aug 1, 2007
Ok, here's the story. I had a 97 CR250 that I traded it and cash for an 03 CRF450. So I rode it Sunday and hated it. It was hard to turn, stop, and start when it stalled. So I came home that night and put it on craigslist. Traded a guy for an 02 CR250.
One thing I noticed tonight was the front wheel is bent. So my question is.........what kind of wheels and where to get them. I see DNA wheels all over ebay at $500.
I like the black look, but I'm not dead set on them.

Need some help here on where to get them and if I should go with black. Do they chip when changing the tires?

Thanks.

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Ok, here is the scoop:

00-10 CR/CRF-R wheels are interchangeable. There are a few things that differ:

-First the 125/250F bikes use a narrow 1.85 rear rim vs the larger 2.15 in the 250/450F
-the 00-01 bikes use a larger rear rotor bolt. So if you install 02+ wheels on a 00-01 bikes, you have to use a 02+ rear rotor.

Now for the annodized wheels from ANYONE, the annodizing will chip, rub and scratch off eventually. If you run a black rim, easy to get a black paint pin to mask the marks. If you want the wheels to look the best longest, get a polished rim like the stocker. And yes when you change tires, you need to tape the spoons and use the MotionPro plastic rim protectors designed for the job.

I have sold DNA wheels for a few years now. Very good wheels for the money. only had 2 problems in 100 sets I have sold and DNA warrantied the issue both times without problem.

Top Bottom